Firm/Business Entity Licenses
- Iowa no longer registers firms; it only registers individual architects. Any architectural work done in Iowa must be completed by or under the responsible charge of an Iowa–registered architect.
- The Board does not have any limits on the type or ownership of the company. You will want to contact Iowa Economic Development and the Iowa Secretary of State for general business regulations.
The following applications are also available online. Log into your account to complete the application checklist and submit for review:
- Architect Change of Status
- Architect Retired Status
- Notice of Intent to Offer Architectural Services Prior to Licensure in Iowa
- General Forms (Change of Contact Information, Mailing List Request, Waiver Request, Complaint Form, and Military Service Application)
Please note: paper applications are no long accepted. New and returning users should click on "Log in to My Iowa PLB" at the top of the home page.
For best results, use Chrome web browser. Click here to download Chrome. Microsoft Explorer v11 is not supported.
If you are not receiving e-mails from the system, please check your spam or junk folder. Add the following e-mail addresses to your contacts: ArchitectureBoard@iowa.gov, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.