1. Home
  2. Engineers & Land Surveyors
  3. Comity


All applications are electronic and completed online. To apply for licensure by comity, you may begin by logging into My Iowa PLB.

A person holding a certificate of licensure to engage in the practice of engineering or land surveying issued by a proper authority of a jurisdiction or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, or any foreign country, based on requirements that do not conflict with the provisions of Iowa Code section 542B.14 and of a standard not lower than that specified in the applicable licensure Act in effect in this jurisdiction at the time such certificate was issued may, upon application, be licensed without further examination.

Refer to 193C IAC 4.2(542B) for requirements for engineering licensure by comity and 193C IAC 5.2(542B) for requirements for land surveying licensure by comity.