The Iowa Engineering and Land Surveying Examining Board Announces Accommodations Related to COVID-19
At a special meeting of the Board held on Tuesday, March 31, 2020, the Iowa Engineering and Land Surveying Examining Board voted to approve the following provisions related to COVID-19. The full document may be viewed here. Please revisit this website for updates.
Regarding Professional Development Hours:
- For all licenses expiring on December 31, 2020 and December 31, 2021, all required hours may be independent study.
- For individuals who have a single license as an engineer or land surveyor, the number of required professional development hours set to 15 hours.
- For individual who are licensed as both an engineer and land surveyor, the number of required professional development hours is set to 10 hours in engineering and 10 hours in land surveying, for a total of 20 hours.
- The maximum number of carryover hours is unchanged and remains at 15 hours for all renewals.
- The minimum number of required ethics hours is unchanged for all renewals, 2 hours for single licensees and 4 hours for dual licensees.
- For first time renewals of an initial (not by comity) license, the required number of professional development hours is set to 7.5 hours.
Licensees eligible for the out-of-state continuing education renewal option may select it as always.