- Trainee Appraisers
- Reciprocity & Temporary Practice Permits
- Continuing Education / Renewals (Coming Soon)
- General Q&A (Coming Soon)
Talking to an appraiser about value
Certification by Reciprocity?
- Applicants shall apply online through the licensing system, and pay the appropriate fee required in Iowa Administrative Rule 193F-Chapter 12.
- Last names A-K expire June 30 of even years. Last names L-Z expire June 30 of odd years. An applicant applying for reciprocal certification within 12 months from the required renewal date, shall pay half the required fee. An applicant applying for initial registration or certification more than 12 months from the required renewal date shall pay the full registration fee.
- The board may issue a reciprocal certificate to an individual that is certified in another state. The certificate or license must be in good standing. An appraiser who is listed in good standing on the National Registry of the Appraisal Subcommittee satisfies the requirement that good standing be demonstrated and does not need to submit additional documentation.
- A reciprocal certificate holder shall comply with all provisions of the Iowa law and rules.
- Reciprocal certificate holders shall be required to pay the federal roster fee.