2021 Renewal Information - Interior Design
Iowa Interior Design Examining Board 2021 Renewal Information
Individual Registration Renewal for biennium July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2023
On or before June 30, 2021
July 1 – 30, 2021 (late renewal)
Continuing Education Requirements
- Registered for less than 12 months: No continuing education required.
- Registered more than 12 months but less than 24 months: At least 4 public protection (HSW) hours
- Registered for 24 months or more: At least 10 public protection (HSW) hours
All classes must be completed between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2021 (or the date of renewal, whichever is sooner.)
Registered interior designers must demonstrate compliance with 193G – Chapter 3, continuing education as a condition of biennial renewal. Complete rules can be found at https://www.legis.iowa.gov/law/administrativeRules/chapters?agency=193G.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do the 10 hours of HSW continuing education need to be completed?
The 10 HSW hours must be completed between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2021 (or the date of renewal, whichever is sooner).
What are the ways to provide CEU?
- Attest to the number of hours.
- Manually input each course and upload certificate
- Out of state affidavit for non-residents of Iowa who have a mandatory continuing education requirement
I don’t have 10 hours of HSW continuing education. What are my options?
Option 1: You must renew by 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2021. If you are able, continue to take HSW CE courses and renew by the deadline.
Option 2: Petition the board for additional time to take classes. You must complete the “General - Petition for Waiver from Administrative Rules” application online and submit for review prior to June 30, 2021.
Please be advised that if you renew and do not have 10 hours of HSW continuing education, you may face disciplinary action, including public discipline, a civil penalty between $50 and $250, and additional continuing education hours equal to double the deficiency in addition to the required hours.
To Renew Your Registration
- Navigate to https://iowaplb.force.com/IPLB_login.
- Enter your username (usually your email address) and password. If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot Password” button. An email will come your inbox with a link to set up a new password.
- On the MY Iowa PLB – Home screen, click on your license number listed under the “My Licenses” section.
- Click on “Begin Application Process.”
- Verify your name and contact information. If it is correct, click “Next.” If you need to edit the information, click on “Yes” and follow the prompts to edit.
- Answer the Veteran Status question – please note that for the purposes of renewal, Veteran Status does exempt you from renewing or continuing education requirements.
- Verify your residential address. If it is correct, click “Next.” If you need to edit the information, click on “Yes” and follow the prompts to edit.
- Specify your gender or select “Do not wish to specify.” Click “Next.”
- Specify your ethnic or select “Do not wish to specify.” Click “Next.”
- Select Interior Design Examining Board from the drop down. Click “Next.”
- Select Interior Design Registration Renewal. Click “Next.”
- Select your license. Click “Next.”
- On the You are About to Create the Following Application, Click “Continue” then click “Next.”
- Click “Finish”
- Click on “Complete Checklist” and answer the questions. Once you have them completed, you will return to the application page. If you have submissions, click on Upload submissions. Once you are done, click on “Submit for Review.”
- Pay fees.
- Your registration card will be emailed to you.