Iowa Interior Design Examining Board 2023 Renewal Information
Individual Registration Renewal for biennium July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2025
$275 (active) – on or before June 20, 203
Continuing Education Requirements
- Registered for less than 12 months: No continuing education required
- Registered for 12 months or more but less than 24 months: At least 5 public protection (HSW) hours
- Registered for 24 months or more: At least 10 public protection (HSW) hours
All classes must be completed between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2023 (or the date of renewal, whichever is sooner.).
Registered interior designers must demonstrate compliance with 193G – Chapter 3, continuing education as a condition of biennial renewal. Complete rules can be found at https://www.legis.iowa.gov/law/administrativeRules/chapters?agency=193G.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do the 10 hours of HSW continuing education need to be completed?
The 10 HSW hours must be completed between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2023 (or the date of renewal, whichever is sooner.)
What are the ways to provide CEU?
- Attest to the number of hours
- Manually input each course and upload certificate
- Out of state affidavit for non-residents of Iowa who have a mandatory continuing education requirement in the state of residence
I don’t have 10 hours of HSW continuing education. What are my options?
Option 1: If you have time prior to June 30, 2023, complete the hours and then submit your renewal application. CE must be completed prior to your renewal date AND must be completed on or by June 30, 2023. The renewal application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2023.
Option 2: Petition the board for additional time to take classes. You must complete the “General - Petition for Waiver from Administrative Rules” application online and submit for review no later than 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2023.
Please be advised that if you renew and do not have 10 hours of HSW continuing education, you may face disciplinary action, including public discipline, a civil penalty between $50 and $250, and additional continuing education hours equal to double the deficiency in addition to the required hours. These additional hours may not be used toward a future renewal or reinstatement.
To Renew Your Registration
- Navigate to https://iowaplb.force.com/IPLB_login.
- Enter your username (usually your email address) and password. If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot Password” button. An email will come your inbox with a link to set up a new password.
- On the MY Iowa PLB – Home screen, click on your registration number listed under the “My Licenses” section.
- Click on “Begin Application Process.”
- Verify your name and contact information. If it is correct, click “Next.” If you need to edit the information, click on “Yes” and follow the prompts to edit.
- Verify your residential address. If it is correct, click “Next.” If you need to edit the information, click on “Yes” and follow the prompts to edit.
- Select Interior Design Registration Renewal from the drop down. Click “Next.”
- On the “You are About to Create the Following Application,” click “Continue” then click “Next.”
- Select the preferred address. Click “Next.”
- Click “Finish.”
- Click on “Complete Checklist” and answer the questions. Once you have them completed, you will return to the application page. If you have submissions, click on Upload submissions. Once you are done, click on “Submit for Review.”
- Pay fees.
- Your license card will be emailed to you.