For best results, users should use Google Chrome as their web browser; however, Safari and Firefox are also supported browsers.
- All applicants and/or licensees will need to go to My Iowa PLB create a user account and then submit their application/request/change electronically (all requests are called “applications”).
If you forgot or are unsure of your username, please contact PLB staff at (515) 725-9030. DO NOT click on “New User?” and create a second account.
- While logged into My Iowa PLB and while on My Iowa PLB - Home, start by clicking on the license number you wish to renew.
By clicking on the license number, you will get to the license detail page. While in the license detail page, click on the button "Begin Application Process", which can be found directly across from the license number.
- The application will start by verifying your contact information, along with your personal information, if this has not been done previously. Answer the prompted questions, hitting “Next” after each question. Eventually, you will get to the screen that says "Please Select from the List of Available Applications for This License."
- Select the applicable "Renewal Application - __________" type. You will need to click inside the white box next to “please select” to access the drop down menu that lists all available applications.
Continue answering the prompted questions.
- Once you receive the message “Your application was created successfully”, select “Finish.” This will take you to the “Application Detail” page. This last page will also provide a quick step-by-step of how to finish the application.
PLEASE NOTE – You are not done after this step.
- Select “Complete Checklist” and answer all of the questions for the renewal application. Click anywhere within the numbered section to access questions; start with, “1. General Info.” You must complete the checklist first by answering every question.
- Complete everything as required in the checklist and hit “Save.” Be sure that there is a green checkmark besides the “Complete Checklist” button before you click on the “Upload Submissions” button. If you are not receiving a green checkmark, you have not answered all of the questions or clicked inside all of the boxes. Please go back and check your answers and complete the Checklist in its entirety.
- In the Upload Submissions section you will be required to attach supporting documents (PDF format is preferred) for your respective application type, if applicable. In the Manage Submissions page, you will see the "Required" column. If there is a checkmark in that box, you MUST upload a document to that row. Instructions on how to upload submissions:
- Click on “Upload” under the "Actions" column.
- Click on “Choose File.”
- Select the file that you are intending to upload and click on “Open” in the pop-up box.
- Click on “Upload” again.
- A message should appear in yellow stating "Attachment uploaded successfully."
- Click on “Save” at the bottom of the page before you leave the Manage Submissions page.
- Once you have completed the checklist and uploaded all the required documents (if applicable), the “Submit for Review” button becomes available and needs to be clicked. Be sure to click on “Finish” to finalize your application. The application will be reviewed by the system or in some instances, submitted to PLB/board staff for internal review.
Once the application has been reviewed and approved, you will receive an e-mail that you are “Approved-Ready for Payment.” You will also see a “Ready For Payment” message under “Next Steps” on the application page and a “Pay Fees” button is subsequently prompted.
- To make a payment click the “Pay Fees” button. Select your unpaid fee and click “Next.” You can either “Pay Now via Online Payment” or “Create Invoice for Mail” and mail in a payment.
- Once you make your payment, your renewal application is deemed complete. The system will generate a receipt and confirmation of payment. Your new license card will be e-mailed to you and, if applicable, your affiliated broker as a PDF attachment. This could take anywhere from five to thirty minutes, depending on the number of renewals taking place at that time.
**Here are some suggestions for troubleshooting:
- Be sure you are using the most current version of the Google Chrome web browser. Download Google Chrome
- If you are unsure of the web browser you are using, click here: What Web Browser Am I Using?
- Check spam folders for emails. Add the following e-mails to your contacts to avoid e-mails from DataPro being sent to your Spam folder: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and from the board email address.
- Some company mail servers have a firewall or blocker. You may need to speak with your IT department to allow e-mails to come through.
- Clear your web browser cache. In most computer-based web browsers, to open menus used to clear your cache, cookies, and history; press Ctrl-Shift-Delete (Windows) or Command-Shift-Delete (Mac).
- Try using another computer. This has worked with other licensees. Once they switched computers, they were able to proceed without problems.
- Try again in the couple of hours or the next day; the system is busy.
- Please do not hesitate to contact PLB/Board staff at (515) 725-9022 if you have any questions. Also, please be patient as the volume of phone calls and e-mails spike between the time period of May 16 – June 30 and November 16 – December 31.