Skip to Content

Search form

Reciprocity FAQ

If I’m licensed in another state what do I need to apply in Iowa by substantial equivalency?
193A—9.1(542) Iowa CPA certificate required. A person who holds a certificate or license to practice as a CPA in another state or a substantially equivalent designation from a foreign jurisdiction may apply to the board for an Iowa CPA certificate and must do so if the person plans to establish the person’s principal place of business as a CPA in Iowa.

 Please read and understand Iowa Administrative Rules 193A and Iowa Code 542

Printed from the website on July 28, 2021 at 8:36am.