The Iowa Interior Design Examining Board was created as a Title Act in 2006. A person shall not use the title of registered interior designer or any title or device indicating or representing in any manner that the person is a registered interior designer or is practicing as a registered interior designer unless the person is a registered interior designer.
- 2018 renewals begin on May 16th.
- Generally, those interior designers with a last name beginning with A through K will need to renew by June 30th. To check your registration, click here.
- Click here for the online renewal link. No paper applications will be accepted.
- Continuing Education Requirement for Active Status
- Registered for less than 12 months: No continuing education required
- Registered for more than 12 months but less than 24 months: At least report 6 contact hours (with a minimum of 4 contact hours in HSW subjects in a structured activity) earned in the preceding 12 months at the first registration renewal.
- Registered for 24 months or more: At least 10 public protections (HSW) hours
- All classes must be completed between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2018 (or the date of renewal, whichever if sooner.)
- For more information please see the board’s rules.
Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Next meetings are currently scheduled as follows:
May 14, 2018 at the Board office.
August 6, 2018 via teleconference with public access at the Board office.
October 15, 2018 via teleconference with public access at the Board office.
Contact the Board via e-mail or call (515) 725-9022 #5.