2017 Renewals - Click here to renew online or to get paper renewal forms.
- 2017 spring renewals will begin on May 15th and runs through June 30th. There is a grace period where you may still renew online until July 30th and pay a late penalty
- Generally, those architects with a last name beginning with L through Z will need to renew by June 30th. To check your license, go to https://eservices.iowa.gov/licensediniowa/.
- To renew online, go to https://eservices.iowa.gov/licensediniowa/renewal/
- Continuing Education Requirement for Active Status
- Licensed for less than 12 months: No continuing education required.
- Licensed more than 12 months but less than 24 months: At least 12 hours of public protection (HSW) hours
- Licensed for 24 months or more: At least 24 public protection (HSW) hours
All classes must be completed between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2017 (or the date of renewal, whichever is sooner.)
For more information about continuing education, please see the board's rules.
Law Change: Please note that as of July 1, 2017, architects are “licensed” and no longer “registered.” The Board has noticed rules; please see "Notice of Intended Action" below. Seals must be changed by December 31, 2017. Below is a sample; however, please click here for more information on the seal.
Notice of Intended Action
ARC 3169C | Amendments to Chapter 1
ARC 3170C | Amendments to Chapter 2
ARC 3171C | Amendments to Chapter 3
ARC 3174C | Amendments to Chapter 4
ARC 3172C | Amendments to Chapter 5
ARC 3173C | Amendments to Chapter 6
ARC 3175C | Amendments to Chapter 7
Public Hearing: July 25 at 9 a.m. at the Board office.
Consideration will be given to all written suggestions or comments received on or before July 25, 2017. Send comments to Lori SchraderBachar.
Adopted and Filed
ARC 3022C | Amendment to Chapter 3
Rules become effective May 17, 2017